SPC’s Interim IT Chief Operating Officer Engagements Address Your IT Organization’s Operating Challenges
You have begun an internal evaluation of your growth strategy with the primary intent of immediately improving operational, marketing, sales and ongoing service delivery performance and growing top-line revenues and bottom-line profits to break past prior plateaus of revenue and overall business growth. You are seeking to improve its effectiveness still further to increase margins with existing; as well as new, clients and allow you to scale cost-effectively in the future.
The achievement of these outcomes will rely heavily on a strong leadership approach; and effective strategic and tactical planning and execution, and will necessitate the active support and ownership of your key staff at multiple levels for ultimate success.
You are seeking objective, skilled, third-party assistance to safeguard this growth and guarantee the efﬁcacy of the approaches used during the growth and transition period. In addition, you require ideas, insights and proven methods used in similar situations elsewhere to deal with known dynamics such as the challenges of designing and implementing new processes and procedures, developing key metrics to analyze operational performance, establishing appropriate roles and responsibilities of internal and external resources, holding teams and individuals accountable to execution, hiring and developing the capabilities and effectiveness of sales resources to sell successfully on value to maintain margins, accelerate sales velocity and close higher-value sales, developing an effective organizational chart that allows for your expected sales and resultant company growth, establishing and delivering effective NOC and Service Desk On-Boarding, dispatch, project and incident management and maintenance procedures, strengthening overall service management processes and outcomes, and so on.
In order to realize your operational improvement objectives, we recommend providing you a consulting engagement that will:
- Establish a baseline measurement of your organization’s performance in areas of Operations, Marketing, Sales and Service Delivery
- Identify your desired state of a repeatable training process for; and performance improvement in, each of these areas in order to achieve your stated goal of improving sales and service delivery outcomes and preparing the organization for controlled, sustainable and profitable growth
- Develop a strategy that will accelerate the attainment of your stated goals and define the criteria for success for the service delivery organization
- Design a roadmap broken down by phases comprised of tactical activities to achieve the established success criteria
- Develop a process to measure performance
- Work with your team to provide the guidance, operational, marketing, sales and service delivery training, processes and procedures, tool and technology audits and recommendations for improvement to achieve the established success criteria (includes audit, review and recommendations for improvement in M&A and Exit strategies, financial performance, solution stack, vendor and fulfillment partner relationships, market penetration and marketing strategy, sales approach, staff compensation and commission plans, hiring, training and compensation, project management, service agreements and SLAs, client On-Boarding and ongoing service delivery and client satisfaction)
- Delivery of the consulting engagement via onsite and remote meetings and consultations, and leverage our online project management systems, IT Business Builder Training and Resource Center and KPI tools and your CRM platform for visibility and accountability of the performance of all resources on our respective teams
During the engagement, we will focus on developing new online and live On-Boarding and ongoing training and enablement training curriculum for the existing; and any new, operations, marketing, sales, service desk, NOC, remote or onsite resources; and service dispatchers, project managers and coordinators, deployment teams, management and C-level personnel and deliver live, onsite training on a monthly basis, as well as weekly training and management sessions delivered via phone and desktop screen-sharing sessions.
The outcome of this activity will be to ensure that all resources are properly trained in best practices for their respective roles, including leadership and management, appointment-setting, marketing and lead generation, consultative sales, incident and problem management, people skills/soft skills, dispatch, onsite support, project management and deployment, sales engineering and service management, and are employing same during the execution of their daily activities.
We will conduct the role of the interim COO during the term of the engagement.
We feel that these initiatives provide your organization the most effective means of realizing its operational improvement goals and accelerating ROI.
SPC International’s VCOO Consulting Engagement's Value to Your Organization is Multifold, Including:
Accelerated, controlled growth and stability from the increased ability to support greater sales of high-margin Professional, Cloud and Managed Services, reducing the peaks and valleys of inconsistent time and materials, point product and solution revenues over time
Increased top-line revenues and improved profit margins as:
- Cloud and Managed Services deliverables prices and bundles are restructured to realize the highest profit potential
- Marketing and sales processes reflect these higher-value services
- Sales teams leverage value-based sales tactics to eliminate price negotiation and margin erosion
- Service delivery processes are tuned to ensure that proper service dispatch, tiering and escalation processes are followed to maximize efficiencies, client satisfaction and retention
- Project Management processes are modified and monitored to eliminate scope creep and seep through proper change, communication, risk and project phase review processes and management
- Sales engineering processes are modified, and engineers and sales engineers are properly trained to accelerate sales velocity through role-play, training and review and/or modification of existing sales proposals and templates
Realization of higher ancillary revenues (contributing to increased overall revenues) through the identification of additional up-sell and cross-sell professional services opportunities with new Professional, Cloud and Managed Services clients through effective Quarterly Business Review techniques
Greater brand awareness, visibility and your positioning as the clear leader among your competitors, and obvious choice to fulfill the needs of Professional Services, Cloud and Managed Services clients as a result of improved processes that grow client satisfaction and testimonial and referral opportunities
Demonstration that major changes can be managed by existing staff without loss of focus or effectiveness on normal priorities
Avoidance of productivity loss by staff by focusing on the future and the business outcomes, and not the transition and perceived disadvantages
Even greater stature in the eyes of your leadership, stakeholders and staff
Engaging with SPC is expected to improve your organization’s overall service delivery acumen, growth and performance in existing and new relationships with strategic clients to accelerate and increase Professional, Cloud and Managed Services sales margins and value, and establish a playbook to replicate this success in the future.
Specific outcomes include resulting in a service organization review, hiring and training exercise that will properly prepare and position you for growth and profitability exceeding your current financial performance.
It will establish a repeatable training process and operational playbook in the technical and engineering departments comprised of effective processes and procedures to increase service and support efficiencies for rapid, profitable and sustainable growth.
In addition, it will focus on improving your existing service manager’s acumen and value to the organization through training, coaching and mentoring, or in the absence of that resource, preparing a successor to fulfill that key position in the future for the organization, allowing your leadership the ability to focus their time more strategically to fuel growth.